Saturday, April 09, 2011

Read-a-Thon: I'M AWAKE

Silly me, I didn't go to bed until 2 last night and am just now rolling out of bed. Oh well!

Now that I'm awake and have eaten a bite and am relatively lucid (maybe I should look into some Mountain Dew before I say I'm actually awake), here are my goals for today:

1. to read Cassandra Clare's City of Fallen Angels
2. after which I will read Holly Black's Red Glove
3. followed by finishing Naomi Novik's The Jade Throne, which I am currently in the middle of.

If I manage all of that,

4. I will start Naomi Novik's Black Powder War.

If I still need more once those are done,

5. I have Johann Wyss's The Swiss Family Robinson on my Kindle app on my phone, which I am halfway through and
6. I am re-reading Holly Black's Valiant, which I am also halfway through.
7. Or I can start Carrie Ryan's The Dead Tossed Waves.

A series of plans! I has them!

Now, for the little survey thingie from hour 1!

1)Where are you reading from today?
The hipster colony! I will find somewhere to read where I won't fall asleep. AKA not my bed! Maybe I will have a bath!

2)Three random facts about me…

1. I will be splitting my time read-a-thon-ing with a roleplay scene I am currently involved in. I can't leave four and potentially five other people hanging while I read a book! That's just uncouth!
2. My cat stared at me until I got out of bed this morning. It was super creepy and I hope this is not something she makes a habit of. Izzy! What do you want from me? You have kibbles!
3. I don't love Incubus. I love Taking Back Sunday. Lanie and I are going to have a fight! :D

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
There are approximately 5 million books in my general to be read pile, because I mostly only read on the train now, but currently four complete books off the top of my head, and half of one I've been reading on my way to work.

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

Two and a half, with an extension for a third complete book.

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

When we did this a while back, I learned DO NOT READ IN BED, YOU WILL END UP TAKING A NAP INSTEAD.

- Julieann

No comments: